A group of energetic, active, community-minded women founded the Napa Women's Club as an active partner within the community of Napa Valley. A member of the General Federation and the California Federation of Women's Clubs, Napa Women's Club has been in existence doing community service for women and children since the 1940's.
Some 60+ members strong, the Club provides an opportunity for women to meet socially and form lasting friendships. These women span many years in age but come together with the common purpose of community involvement and volunteerism. The vintage club has ripened into two separate clubs that exist today; the Daytime group and the Evening Edition.
To raise funds for the maintenance of our historic clubhouse;
To offer our facilities to the community;
To help selected charities for women and children through service and mentoring;
To offer financial contributions to other charities which directly support and uplift the lives of women & children.
The Clubhouse is a lovely Craftsman style building with a long history. Originally crafted in 1875 as a one-room schoolhouse it was enlarged to a three-room school in 1901 called the South Primary or Franklin Primary School.
It was used as a schoolhouse into the 1930's, and then became a church. It also housed a preschool, a music school, and a home for a children's theater group among other things.
The Napa Women's Club was founded in 1948 when it was incorporated by the State of California after having purchased the building. Napa Women's Club has retained ownership of this vintage building since that time and has ripened into a club of accomplishment for the napa valley, using the club house for meetings ever since.
Check the websites for the General Federation and the California Federation of Women's Clubs for additional history and information:
Napa Women's Club
218 Franklin St. (Corner of Elm St.)
Napa CA 94559
Day Time Group Contact:;
President: Mary Scheidecker
Evening Edition Contacts:
President: Danis Kreimeier